Skip to main content

29: band websites

 

Baroque pop

When opening the their website the first thing one sees is a big eye from the side, looking up.  The iris  is coloured with neon yellow, purple, blue, that look like electric stimulations going through the eye. Right at the bottom of the eye, it says ‘WE’ in big white capital letters. ‘WE’  is the name of their most resent album.  When scrolling down, the image stays the same and the taps to the different pages of their website appear. The taps are wite and transparent, which makes the eye in the background still visible. The pages are: THE “WE” TOUR – LIVE DATES, OFFICIAL STORE, VINYL, CD, CASSETE, DIGITAL, ENTER STORE. Baroque pop is a fusion genre that is combination of rock with classical elements. They used a combination of Sans serif and Serif for their website. Most of the text is in Sans serif, which represents the more modern and non-classical elements of Baroque pop. The ‘out now’ under “WE” is in Serif. The Serif represents the also classical side of Baroque pop. The logo of Arcade contains parallel lines. This has been implemented on the webpage. On the top of the page the name ‘Arcade Fire’ in similar white, parallel lines. So even though the exact logo can be found on the page, the is a clear reference to it.  This website represents the bands in depth character and the sense of them being able to look right through and go deeper than the surface.

Cody Fry

Orchestral pop

When opening his webpage you can see a picture of an orchestra and all the text is in white. There are two taps with ‘watch the video’ and ‘continue to site’. The background of the site is black. On top it says menu and underneath it says ‘Cody Fry’ in white. Underneath are links to YouTube his YouTube videos. On the bottom of the page are links to his social media. When clicking on menu the taps ‘shows’, ‘store’ and ‘contact’. The orchestra and the black, with the white as layout represents the orchestral and classical site of the genre ‘Orchestral pop’.  The text is in Sans serif, which represents the more modern and pop part of Orchestral pop. The websites represents the simplistic way Cody Fry represents himself. He is subtle and simple, like the website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Statement of Intent

  My music video is called ‘The Puppet master’. It is a story of the struggle between the individual and society. Society wanting to control the individual and the individual wanting to control themself. My artist name is Nemesis. In the video she represents the individual whose societal puppet is controlled by the hand of society. The only way she can beat it, is by expressing herself through music, Only when she plays, the hand has no power over her. I chose the genre ‘Anthem’ as my inspiration. I define ‘anthem’ as   something that could be used as a symbol for a distinct group. It should be inspirational, speak for someone, uplifting, something with a deep message, but also something that one can dance on. My video concept is all about this. I want to inspire people to think for themselves, realise more the unconscious control and find your voice. This is not a protest video, because with this I am not protesting against society, I am encouraging the individual. My record ...

5: Song Viva La Vida by coldplay

I have chosen the song Viva La Vida (meaning: Long live life), for multiple reseasons. It is an inspiring, motivational song and I lot of power is projected. It is also to great a social experiece out of it, it is easy to sing along. For al these reasons it could be considered an Anthem. I also choos this song, because it has a more orchestral base, mostly done by cellos, therefore the base is not as drumming and heavy as songs with drums, which I prefer. I also love classical laguages and mythology, this song has many refrenses to that, so I think I can do many interesting things with it.  The songs is created by the british rock band Coldplay. Most of their songs can be seen as stories, like for example one of their song the scientist. This makes it not just a random song, without meaning. By telling their stories people are able to conect and that can great validation, hope and inspiration.